A conference which looks like it will be very interesting later this year is the Social PR Forum scheduled to take place on the 4th December at RIBA, London. The event is looking to bring together people from our industry to address the issues surrounding PR and the social media space, how they are impacting on each other and how PR professionals can relate and work effectively within the new challenges web 2.0 communication channels bring.
The speakers already look impressive, with my old friend Phil and Drew Benvie being speakers from the agency side I certainly won’t be missing as well as spokespeople from T Mobile, The British Heart Foundation and Asda also sure to be interesting.
The organisers of this event have kindly offered the readers of this blog with a discount code so you can get money off entrance to this forum. To secure your discount all you have to do is quote the code PaulS09 when registering either online or by phone (+44 (0) 117 321 8303).
The organisers list the events highlights as the following:
• Learn from global PR companies who have successfully embraced social media
• Understand what products and services you should be using, and how to use them well
• Listen to top commentators and experts on their take on why social media can be effective in PR and why not to fear it
• Learn how to seamlessly introduce social media into your way of thinking and into your employees
• Listen to how award winning campaigns utilised the social space successfully
• Understand how offical bodies view PR in the social media space
• Network immediately with our first-class pre-show online meeting planner
Anyway, I hope to see you at the event in December and should you be interested in learning more about it please download the brochure.