Berkeley PR culture
The representation of what a PR agency stands for, how it behaves and how it views the world is incredibly important. I am a firm believer that agencies with strong and positive cultures are more vibrant, dynamic and confident and ultimately attract top talent, great clients and competitor envy.
At Berkeley PR there are a few aspects that I have encouraged as part of building a culture within the agency that makes people want to work for us and with us. I have put my thinking cap on listed the 10 points that I believe are the foundation of Berkeley PR’s culture – something I am very proud of.
1. We work hard and play hard. It is always important to celebrate our successes
2. We despise rude people. Rude people are bullies and we hate bullies
3. We look after our friends. When our team are struggling outside of the office it is our responsibility to support them
4. We help our team to make the most of their talents. Everyone can try anything and we love it when someone discovers they have a superpower in something
5. Honesty is to be respected above anything. If we make a mistake we put our hands up and deal with it
6. We love people who are proud of our standards and push others to strive for the same
7. If you are good enough you will be promoted. How long you have been at the agency has no impact on when you will be promoted.
8. We treasure experience and look to learn from campaigns our colleagues have managed in the past
9. We are open and don’t hide anything from anyone. Financials, goals and targets are all communicated to everyone regularly
10. We like laughter. It is encouraged. It makes coming to work feel like you are seeing your friends rather than your colleagues every day.